We have to follow the simple steps when changing an application’s exe file icon.
- Go to Solution Explorer
- Right Click on the Primary Project
- Go to Properties
- Go to Application tab
- In Resources groupbox select the desired icon
This will set the application icon for you.
But if you create a setup of your project and there’s a shortcut of your primary .exe file on user’s desktop, you will find that the icon of that is not changed. For that you have to do the following steps.
- Go to setup project in Solution Explorer
- Open File System Editor
- Go to your User’s Desktop folder
- Select the shortcut of the primary .exe file (if you didn’t find any file here, then you have to create a shortcut of primary .exe file and put it here)
- Go to properties of this shortcut
- Select the desired icon for your application.
Now compile and install the application you will find the changed icon of your shortcut file too